News and events
***2016 NATIONAL STUDENT SURVEY RESULTS***
In the 2016 National Student Survey (NSS) the Department of Comparative Literature and Culture at Queen Mary achieved:
- 90% Satisfaction with teaching on the Single Honours Comparative Literature programme
- 82% Satisfaction with Academic Support
- 82% Satisfaction with the Comparative Literature degree programme
These results rank the Department of Comparative Literature & Culture in the top 3 in London, the top 5 within the Russell Group and top 10 nationally.
Our thriving and dynamic department offers a range of innovative and highly popular undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, from single honours Comparative Literature to joint honours combinations with History, Film, Linguistics, or one of the following languages: French, German, Iberian and Latin American Studies or Russian.
Find out more:
What is Comparative Literature
A well-established, demanding and exciting subject which allows you to study literature written in languages from across the world, and to explore literature in conjunction with other cultural and artistic production (film, music, painting, philosophy). It's all about expanding your literary and cultural horizons.
- Why study Comparative Literature?
According to eminent comparatist George Steiner, it allows you to "see more". You will be studying:
- literature written in more than one language
- more than literature alone
The breadth and variety of Comparative Literature make it ideally suited for students operating in today's global and highly visual world.
- Why study Comparative Literature with us?
1. the range of modules available
2. our location in London and the thriving, culturally dynamic East End
3. the commitment and expertise of our specialist staff
4. the diversity of our students and staff
5. our collaborations with external partners, from publishers to museums